Nydeggkirche (Nydegg Church)
|Sunday service||10:00 a.m.|
The second-oldest church building in the city of Bern was built with a flèche between 1341 and 1346 to replace the castle of Nydegg that Berthold V, Duke of Zähringen had built in 1190. From 1480 to 1483, a tower was added to the Nydegg Church, and the nave was reconstructed from 1493 to 1504. In 1956 Marcel Perincioli produced the bronze reliefs adorning the doors of the Nydegg Church.
Bus no. 12, to the "Nydegg" stop.